Excited, but anxious!
We travel ONE WEEK from tomorrow. Sometimes it's just too overwhelming to think about, so I just try NOT to let it consume me. I know you're probably thinking how could this be possible?!?! I'm going through what I think is all the normal stuff......
"Excited" about the opportunity to serve through adoption, excited that Paul and I will have some time to spend together to strengthen our relationship, excited that it is a new adventure since I have never been outside the country except for Mexico and Puerto Rico (vacations)...."anxious" about the unknowns like possibly no water and electricity, and most of all making the right decisions about choosing the new children.
One of the main feelings that I struggle with, is leaving our kids behind (even though I know they will handle this better than me!) Since we are from a blended family this has always been difficult and we have had to adjust to one or more children not being under our roof all the time. It doesn't change the fact that as a parent "you are thinking about them ALL the time" and pray alot that they will be safe. However, we have learned to make the best of the situation and know that the times when we can all be together are extremely special. I still wished it had been possible for each of them to travel with us. But for many reasons, we realized that it just wasn't going to be a possibility. We talked about this right after we found out we would travel and realized that the cost would be outrageous. Evan did have an opportunity to go because he has alot more flexibility with his schedule, but he said he wouldn't want to be gone that long from his friends. We felt for Andy it would be too difficult because of all his school work and sports.

thank Evan for your encouraging words and reminding me that God is in Control and that we just need to "live for today with Him!" Philippians 4:6
Never worry about anything. Instead, in every situation let your petitions be made known to God through prayers and requests, with thanksgiving.

0 comments:
Post a Comment