Final Preparations

We've been busy getting everything ready both for our travel as well as things here on the home front. The biggest step of preparation though is probably in getting ourselves ready for 1, 2, or 3 new members of our family - of understanding the unique challenges that orphans face and learning the different techniques we'll need to use as the parents. Thanks to all who have recommended reference materials - it seems Darla and I are each reading 3 or 4 books at the same time.- and getting a LOT out of them.

Thanks to all the loving and caring people in the world who have supported us with kind words and prayers, as well as with gifts and financial support. We feel that we are merely the voice of Jesus Christ representing all of you - both here in the US before we even leave as well as once we get to the Ukraine and have a chance to witness to so many strangers. Thank you as well to the few who have expressed skepticism at our plans to adopt - some from the beginning and some more recently. We appreciate all you have to say and your intentions but ultimately must follow God - and this is indeed what He has called us to do.

This is from my morning devotion today - Jeremiah 1:4-9

4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew [a] you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth."


It is AMAZING how God speaks to us exactly what we need to hear and when we need to hear it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time." Charles Bukowski

Pick Up "A" Referral

Ukraine Weather



free counters

Adoption?

Why Ukraine?


Video Blog =]

March 3rd