Continuing to Prepare
It is yet early in the day on Valentines day 2009 but it already is unlike any I can remember. Instead of plans to celebrate our love for each other, Darla and I continue to prepare to share our love with our new child(ren). As Darla practices Russian phrases with Nathan, I've stepped up my reading on the challenges our child(ren) will face in leaving their native land and tongue behind, of coming to maybe the first home they've ever known filled with love and hope and faith in God. At this point I'm a sponge, absorbing as many stories and as much information as I can. I realize we can't know exactly what will be needed nor what we will do until the situation arises and maybe not even then.
I see and feel my family being prepared physically and mentally and spiritually by you Lord. I pray that you continue to open our hearts and minds and bodies so that in this adoption we are serving You - we are serving the fatherless children that You cite so frequently in Your Word. I trust in you completely for everything we need when we need it - I've already witnessed this with financial things and various people that have begun to come into our lives. Thank you Heavenly Father for allowing us to serve You!

0 comments:
Post a Comment