Blogs
I have spent the last few days researching every adoption blog that I can find. Just trying to find out information on how long we will be spending in the Ukraine based on others that have gone before. It's funny how consumed one can get over the details. I've already started making lists about things I wouldn't necessarily think to pack. For instance: duct tape, twine for a clothes line, and something called "Urinelle" (I didn't know what this was either, something to do with "toilets"....Yikes!).
We will be talking to our facilitator next week to go over travel plans. I hope that this blog will be able to also serve those that are in the adoption process. I wish I would have started it sooner, so you could have actually learned more about the paperwork process. Going forward, I will try to be more detailed, because I can see how other people's experiences can be a great help and encouragement.
Also, I must share with you the fact that we want you to be as involved as you want to be and are willing to be. We will need ALOT OF PRAYER, foremost! We will also need help purchasing gifts to take to the orphanage. Because we don't know how many children we will be returning with the cost of flights can quickly add up. Think of adding 1 to 3 individuals to you household overnight! Paul and I don't like to ask for financial help (who does?), but we know that we have to have help to pay for this endeavor. We know that God will supply all our needs and that He will bless those that help to bring this child or children home! I will give you more information on ways you can be involved as time goes on! Thank you again for all the nice emails that everyone has already sent to encourage us!
Darla
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time." Charles Bukowski
Pick Up "A" Referral
Ukraine Weather
Why Ukraine?
Video Blog =]
March 3rd


1 comments:
We are so excited for you. The child/children you are going to adopt will be so greatful to join your family and have you as parents. We wish you the best as you go through this amazing journey! It's great that you are keeping us updated in this way. We will be thinking and praying for you. The Foldenaur's
Post a Comment