Simba in Ukraine

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I wasn’t feeling good this morning and didn’t think I could sit through church. The service is 90 minutes long. Paul also was having problems with his sinuses. It had rained last night and is cold and wet this morning. We hated to miss the service, but new we should rest before going to see “D” this afternoon. Kelly was so nice to give us a DVD on their church service at home with music included. I had just told Paul, I wish we could watch the church service at home on the internet, but of course…that’s a no. Then, “God showed up” and provided us a worship time via computer! This is the day that that Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!!

At 4:00 pm we went to see “D”. When we came into the orphanage room, another child ran to tell “D” we were there. I went over and sat on the other side of the room because another family was also in the room. Paul and Luda stood over by the door. When she came in her back was to me and I watch her look at each person. I could tell she was looking for me, and so I started to laugh. She turned around and ran over and hugged me. It was nice that she was happy to see that I was there.
She seemed really quiet, today. We told her almost at the beginning of our time together, that on Tuesday we would not be able to come and visit because we had to go and get a paper so we could visit Caleb and bring our whole family together. I wondered afterward if that was why she seemed distant that day or if it was just the weather. We put a numbers puzzle together. I think she was more matching the colors than the numbers, but she is always proud when she completes a task correctly.

Afterwards we watched Lion King on Paul’s computer and Luda translated some of it so that “D” would know what was going on. We were unsure if she liked it, because she showed little expression, but we also think that when she is “involved” in any task, she just focuses on that one thing. We thought she might be getting tired about ¼ of the way through the movie, so Paul asked her if she wanted to continue watching and she said “dah”. We watched about ½ of the movie and then it was time to go, so we will watch the rest tomorrow.

It was very cold by the evening. I’m hoping it will be warmer tomorrow. I’m still having problems with my sinuses, which causes me to cough. Singing is totally out of the question. I can only get about one line out before I cough. It’s aggravating, but I’m hoping when the weather clears up, so will my cough. I actually think Paul is doing better here with his sinuses. Today is the first day that he has had any real problems. We were really tired tonight, so we turned in early.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time." Charles Bukowski

Pick Up "A" Referral

Ukraine Weather



free counters

Adoption?

Why Ukraine?


Video Blog =]

March 3rd